We have an exciting position for an AI Researcher to join the Deep Learning Research (DLR) group which is part of Shell’s project and technology organization. Our team works on developing next-generation deep learning solutions across Shell’s portfolio, spanning from Geophysics, Chemical manufacturing , Energy trading , to emerging energy sectors like Nature based solutions , wind, solar, EV charging, Hydrogen and Next Gen Biofuels.
Where you fit
Shell’s Projects and Technology (P&T) business exists to make the delivery of our strategies and the growth of our company possible. Our team develops the advanced products and technologies Shell needs to meet customer demand. Our solutions help our partners grow the LNG, Gas and Power businesses, deepen the integration of Manufacturing, Chemicals and Trading, and maximise the competitiveness of our Upstream business.
What’s the role?
As an AI Researcher, you will be conducting Applied AI research resulting in advanced deep learning solutions. You will be a member of an engaging and collaborative team and will work with the stakeholders and subject matter experts from various businesses as well as external strategic partners from both academia and industry. You will apply best practices in AI research to build solutions that deliver value to our end-users.
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Translate complex business problems into Deep/Machine Learning solutions.
- Design, implement and deliver advanced Deep Learning and Computer Vision solutions to solve a wide variety of business problems.
- Build relationships with internal project stakeholders and external partners from both academia and industry.
- Be a proactive communicator who is excited to share your work and present insights and findings.
- Stay current on state-of-the-art Deep Learning and Computer Vision techniques.
What we need from you
- At least 2 to 4 years relevant Post Qualifications Experience.
- Either a Master's Degree or PhD Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant fields.
- Proven experience of building Deep Learning and Computer Vision solutions with Pytorch/TensorFlow is a must.
- Experience with building and deploying high performing Deep Learning Solutions on cloud platforms such as MS Azure and AWS is required.
- Hands on experience working with remote sensing, geospatial libraries like GDAL, Rasterio, EO-Learn.
- Hands on experience working with self-supervised learning is preferred.
- Track record of publications in AI venues is a plus.
- Experience across project lifecycle from ideation to delivery and track-record of project delivery is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills and experience of working in high-pace environments and project teams.
Deep Learning; Pytorch; Computer vision; Azure; Machine learning; AI; Project delivery; AWS; Remote sensing; TensorFlow
Shell India Markets Private Limited