We have an exciting position for an experienced AI researcher with expertise in Physics inspired Neural networks, Numerical computing, Deep Learning, Cloud computing to join the Deep Learning Research (DLR) group which is part of Shell’s project and technology organization. Our team works on developing next-generation deep learning solutions across Shell’s portfolio, spanning from Geophysics, Chemical manufacturing , Energy trading , to emerging energy sectors like Nature based solutions , wind, solar, EV charging, Hydrogen and Next Gen Biofuels.
Where you fit
Shell’s Projects and Technology (P&T) business exists to make the delivery of our strategies and the growth of our company possible. Our team develops the advanced products and technologies Shell needs to meet customer demand. Our solutions help our partners grow the LNG, Gas and Power businesses, deepen the integration of Manufacturing, Chemicals and Trading, and maximise the competitiveness of our Upstream business.
What’s the role?
As an AI Researcher, you will be conducting Applied AI research resulting in advanced deep learning solutions. You will be a member of an engaging and collaborative team and will work with the stakeholders and subject matter experts from various businesses as well as external strategic partners from both academia and industry. You will apply best practices in AI research to build solutions that deliver value to our end-users.
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Ideate, research, and develop new approaches to advance PiNN and Deep Learning within Shell.
- Build PoC in Deep Learning with a strong focus on developing scalable and high-performance products.
- Stay current on state-of-the-art approaches and new PiNN and DL methods.
- Be a proactive communicator who is excited to share your work. You will be articulate and compelling in describing ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What we need from you
- At least 2 to 4 years relevant Post Qualifications Experience.
- Either a Master's Degree or PhD Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant fields.
- Proven experience of building Deep Learning solutions with Pytorch /Tensorflow.
- Experience working with PiNN frameworks such as DeepXDE / Modulus is preferred.
- Experience with building and deploying Deep Learning Solutions on cloud platforms such as MS Azure and AWS is required.
- Experience in Computational Sciences (Fluid Dynamics, Structural dynamics, Material Science etc.) is preferred.
- Track record of publications in AI venues is a plus.
- Experience across project lifecycle from ideation to delivery and track-record of project delivery is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills and experience of working in high-pace environments and project teams.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability work in a team.
Machine Learning; Deep Learning Research; Pytorch; Tensorflow; Structural dynamics; MS Azure; Fluid Dynamics; Material Science; AI researcher
Shell India Markets Private Limited