Developer – Analyst, Service Business Intelligence
The Ciena Services Business Intelligence & Data Science team’s mission is to provide the Services community with data reporting and analytics capabilities to support all aspects of the business. The data scope covers the entire transactional spectrum from Sales Opportunities to Post Sales Services.
As part of its transformational journey from operational reporting to more advanced analytics, the Ciena’s Services Business Intelligence team is looking for an Analyst / Developer to help develop and evolve its current BI Delivery environment. Interfacing with the IT and Business User teams, this data expert will be involved in all aspects of the solution, from requirements gathering to end user support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand, Research and Document Business Requirements, and assist in solutioning
- Design and Develop the Report Architecture (Report UI + Data Modeling), to ensure optimum performance and integration into existing models.
- Support the Reporting of Operational & Other Metrics for the Global Services Support and Commercial Organization, giving clear visibility to Executives / Management about performance against KPI’s
- Participate in project planning sessions to analyze requirements and design systems. Demonstrating knowledge of the relevant architecture and information systems
- Develop & Maintain Dashboards and Reports
- Interface with a variety of internal functions when required to resolve issues
- Participate in proof of concepts of new tools
SKILLS & DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS
- Self-motivated, must be able to work independently to prioritize activities and set functional goals/objectives
- Able to work well both in a team and independently
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, analytical, and client-facing skills to facilitate strong relationships with the stakeholders and customers
- Able to coordinate with and/or direct other team members to achieve planned business results
- Strong commitment to on-time delivery
- Attention to detail to ensure data completeness and accuracy
- Be comfortable working in a global organization, considering global time-zones
- Good project management skills with focus on follow-through to project completion
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years’ experience
- Degree in Finance, Commerce, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience on Power BI, SQL is mandatory
- Experience with Looker, Alteryx, Snowflake, Predictive Modelling, Machine Learning would be an added advantage
- Good Business Acumen
Power BI; Alteryx; Snowflake; Predictive Modelling; Looker; Machine Learning; SQL
Ciena� Corporation, the network specialist, expanded its global presence with the launch of a R&D centre located in Gurgaon, India. The 95,000 square foot facility is Ciena's first core research and development centre outside of North America, and is expected to employ more than 300 product development engineers within the next three years.
Ciena's Gurgaon R&D Centre will focus on technologies such as Storage Extension and Optical Transport, including ultra long-haul, long-haul, regional and metropolitan applications, as well as Multiservice Switching, Broadband Access and Network Management. The Gurgaon Centre will supplement and work collaboratively with Ciena's existing research and development organization in North America.
About CIENA Corporation :