Shell is developing proprietary Machine applications and delivers value through Digital products for Assets. Shell’s AI strategy is to create full-fledged software products that are scalable with core data science components. These applications consume large volumes of structured and unstructured data and apply ML algorithms to provide real-time analytical recommendations. Shell strategically engaged with the C3.ai and develop AI applications in the C3 platform. We are a team of 100+ data scientists primarily based in Chennai and Bangalore. We are responsible for delivering data science solutions to Shell that are Fit for purpose.Job Overview
It is an individual contributor role, and the potential candidate will have an opportunity to work on the following areas for the next three to four years
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create full-stack applicatons on the C3.ai platform
- Convert the data science proof of concepts/methods to a scalable IT product.
- Co-design the product roadmap and product release
- Deploy data science models at a large scale and generate value through them.
- Closely work with subject matter experts, product owners and DS/DE/AI experts
- Collaborate with a broad community of data scientists and data engineers
- An agile project setup with high visibility and accountability
Qualifications: Must Have
- Responsible for initiating, developing & delivering analytic solutions in an agile fashion to the business to provide insights & improvement to business processes.
- Design, develop and deploy AI enterprise applications on the C3.ai Platform
- Become an expert in application design and development on the C3 platform.
- Act as Peer reviewer and get your code reviewed by the Peers
- Perform continuous improvements activities like testing and troubleshooting of applications
- Custodian for documentation for coding and product user guides
- Design, develop and deploy data pipeline and architecture. Deal with multiple sources of data and different APIs. Extract relevant data and linking it together with static transit information.
- Contribute to the exploration and understanding of new tools and techniques and propose improvements to the data pipeline.
- Work with Project partners such as Data Architects, Business partners, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists and ensure project delivery
- Assure data quality and data integrity
- BTech/ Computer science/ Software Engineering with a minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience from a reputed institute and companies.
Candidate should have working experience in both data science and data engineering
- Profound knowledge in Object oriented programming
- Should be able to handle complex SQL queries
- Hands-on experience in creating data science solutions for business problems
- Awareness about cloud platform like AZURE/ AWS/GCS
- Knowledge of advanced machine learning models and methodologies such as classification, regression and clustering algorithms, decision trees, PCA
- Proficient in data science libraries and functions
Qualifications: Good to have
- Data handling from multiple sources: Advanced SQL, blob storage, and querying unstructured data
- Experience in data engineering of Time series data (such as PI/SCADA)
- Hands-on experience in repo management, version control, and CI/CD pipeline
- Unit test preparation to assess the performance of code functionalities
- Background in Oil and gas business and operations
- Excited to deliver projects in tight timelines
- Prior experience in working on cutting edge production platforms
- Willing to collaborate with multiple teams working at different time zones
- Good communication skills and experience in stakeholder management
- Previous experience in handling IoT datasets
Data Science; Algorithms; Data Engineering; Classification; Big Data; SQL Queries; Decision Trees; Machine Learning; Python
Shell India Markets Private Limited