We are seeking an experienced risk or fraud analyst to join our Risk Operations Team. The analyst will be responsible for monitoring fraud trends around the world. This analyst will successfully analyze trends, and deploy recommendations and algorithms which requires strong communication across product, engineering, data science, finance, and operations stakeholders in a complex environment. As an owner of key fraud metrics, you should have the analytics experience, intellectual curiosity, and resourcefulness to identify, measure, and mitigate new and emerging loss vectors. In this role, you will require a mix of business and technical acumen and also strong cross-functional skills to communicate with various internal and external stakeholders
What the Candidate Will Do
- This hands-on analytics role will be responsible for monitoring Ubers Risk platform capabilities and developing new strategies to keep the fraudsters off Uber by identifying patterns using data analysis and visualization
- You will serve as the subject matter expert on analytics/data driven solutions that mitigate risk of financial losses while also maintaining a positive user experience and enabling Uber to continue making big bold bets.
- You will develop a strong understanding of key Uber systems and tools to effectively review and analyze emerging trends and provide recommendations for mitigating emerging fraud vectors. Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, data science with a focus on the Risk/Fraud mitigation.
- Experience with data analytics/data science3 Years experience in a data-driven environment (prior roles in data science, analytics, and/or engineering) Technical competencies required coding (preference for SQL, R, and/or Python)
- Experience in SQL and query optimization techniques and programming using R, and/or PythonPossess a strong analytical and business acumen to incorporate concepts like profit, loss, costs, and lifetime value of a customer and be able to effectively consider these factors when providing recommendations or solutions
- Experience demonstrating that their roles lead to business decisions and changes Prior experience on data-driven teams where PL was considered
- Experience in a Risk and Fraud set is preferred Relevant
- BS in quantitative fields like Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, and/or Economics. MS 2Yrs experience preferred.
Computer science; Data analysis; Product engineering; Coding; Analytical; Machine learning; Risk management; Monitoring; SQL; Python
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and lets move the world forward, together.