At Toll Technology Centre (TTC), we are hiring Automation Engineering Lead. The Automation Engineering Lead is responsible for designing, developing, monitoring, and maintaining automations built using the UiPath Platform to enable IA COE to achieve its goals and objectives. The role ensures that the automations are aligned with the Toll’s Architecture principles and the platform is proactively maintained to enable delivering automations at scale & speed.
As an Automation Engineering Lead, your responsibilities will include:
- Drive and manage a high performing delivery & operations support team that achieves the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) month on month by aligning their contributions to the ‘Digital Technologies’ vertical’s overall goals & vision. Provide technical mentoring and guidance to the build & operations support teams. Responsible for the implementation of & adherence to, the end-to-end Automation Development Lifecyle for the portfolio of automation projects in the IA COE.
- Ensuring the appropriate application development, testing, and monitoring tools are operationalised for continuous service improvement. Accountable for the quality of build and implementation of the architecture standards for all Automation projects adhering to the business requirements. Implementing & managing the following aspects of the Automation platform: Security & Risk Management; Availability - Performance Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Redundancy & DR; Cost Management - Cost Monitoring, Cost Savings & Reporting.
- Ensuring compliance to activities across: Build – Automation Builds & Publish artefacts; Test - Run Code Quality checks; Deploy - Secure & Highly available automations, Provision Infra Resources; Operate – Proactive Monitoring & Troubleshooting. Plan, manage and deliver quality automations through appropriate testing throughout the lifecycle of the project, including - unit testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing and penetration testing. Safeguard the quality of transition of automations from the IA CoE from the Develop phase into release & operations support phase.
- Development, implementation of support processes, policies, and management of Toll & Partner resources. Apply appropriate Platform Administration & Governance best practises to continuously improve & stabilise the scaling of automations - Define, Document, Review & Update best practises & policies. Ensure systems tuning and configuration tasks, optimising and regulating settings to ensure maximum system performance. Managing Compliance: Preventive Measures, Remediation Guidance, Monitor & Report compliance to best practises across the platform
- Undertake proactive troubleshooting and root cause analysis of issues implementing preventative measures as appropriate. Estimating, scheduling, and ensuring that all resources & requirements are sufficient to provide the required levels of application service availability and support. Maintain solution and support documentation as appropriate. Follow the appropriate release management processes across the Toll IT Enterprise.
- Identify application consolidation opportunities to reduce the application complexity within Toll ensuring customer needs are not compromised. Ensure effective communication and management of stakeholders throughout the delivery lifecycle. Work with the broader IA COE team to ensure agreed commitments are delivered. Manage strategic vendors and partners where required ensuring delivery of project outcomes. Oversee and measure KPIs to monitor and challenge vendor performance and identify gaps and areas of service improvement. Work closely with the onshore and offshore support teams within Toll IT.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s in IT, computer science, software engineering, or a related discipline, with strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint presentation and Word skills.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in application software development, with excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills at Senior Executive level.
- Demonstrated successful experience in developing and building a software development / service operations team in a similar sized organisation. Demonstrated successful experience in engaging with key business stakeholders to ensure business requirements are being met. Demonstrated leadership experience especially in driving the necessary cultural change to comply with the standards and policies set.
- Deployment of applications in a SaaS / PaaS environment. Experience of implementing Agile & Dev-Ops practises for ensuring speed to market & continuous improvement of quality deliveries. Experience in implementation of COBIT or ITIL best practices for service operations excellence.
- Experience working with mobile frameworks for mobile app development i.e. IONIC, Angular, jQuery. Experience working with automation development platforms would be advantageous i.e. UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Microsoft Power Automate. Ability to plan, prioritise and deliver to schedules.