An Automation Tester will design and develop test frameworks and will automate tests using Selenium, BDD with Python Behave WebDriver. As an automation tester, you will develop automated tests to test Web Services and REST APIs.
You will work closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability and ability to automate, to provide feedback on design, both functional and technical. You will innovate on latest tools and processes to improve QA functional manual and Automation testing, document best practices and mentor junior team members. You will work on identifying test cases from acceptance criteria for the user stories, estimate work and participate in design reviews. You will work on frameworks to ensure continuous deployment and continuous integration.
Where you fit in
You will work as part of a global team in the IDT (Information & Digital Technology) organization. IDT drives business value through providing world class technical, functional, and consulting expertise to deliver the right skills, at the right time.
You would be joining a company where technical talent, growing careers, developing leading edge skills, and deepening Shell business knowledge is a high priority. You would bring your automation testing and domain skills to join our IT team in Bangalore working as one team together with other Shell IT hubs globally (London, Houston, Netherlands).
As an automation SME, you will develop, execute the test automation script with limited supervision. You are expected to resolve automation technical challenges and provide overall delivery on time without oversight. In turn, you will have an excellent opportunity to enhance your automation technical skills working with world class natural teams.
Come and join a team, who are committed to delivering excellence and value to the business. You will have opportunities to invest in your skill development and career growth. You would be working alongside IT professionals who love what they do and enjoy sharing their knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm. Many opportunities will be available to learn and explore, building up new areas of expertise and different business domains.
Whats the role
You will be operating as part of a small Agile/Scrum feature team of about 5-7 developers, testers and other specialists. You will have a solid reporting line to the DE Testing Others- Test Lead /manger and dotted line reporting to product /Project manager and will work closely with other developers in the team working on other parts of the system.
Your role will vary depending on the projects in your portfolio, typically you would perform the following day to day activities:
- Responsible to plan and undertake end-to-end test activities such as test script development, test execution & defects management.
- Work collaboratively with Test Manager, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Developers in project to assess test scenarios and provide test requirements based on risk-based testing methodology.
- Design and Develop Test strategy, Test plan, Test reporting, test conditions, test scripts, test data, and expected results for test streams, including Product Test, Integration Test, Technical Test and Deployment Test.
- Capable of designing and execution of detailed functional test cases for complex requirements
- Experience in identifying and implementing process improvements that improve the level of delivery while finding optimization opportunities
- Must demonstrate effective communication with management, peers, and subordinates, both verbally and in writing
- Proactive and Organized, Capable of working in an ambiguous/uncertain environment, understanding risks & flagging it on time. Ability to mitigate risks and ensuring quality deliverables adhering to timelines.
- Ensuring Test Delivery Assurance complying with Shell standard tools and framework.
- Experienced virtual team worker with ability to work across time, geographical, and cultural boundaries
- Leadership skills and ability to drive change using influence and networking
- Good team player and effective leader with a long-term vision
- Flexibility overlapping with UK/US time zones because this role requires coordination with stakeholders in UK/US
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent with upto 5 years of experience in QA Automation of Web Applications, Web Services and REST APIs.
- Upto 5 years of overall experience in QA with 2+ relevant experience in Selenium BDD framework
- Strong in SDLC and Manual testing concepts
- Experienced in designing and execution of test cases for manual an automation
- Automation Frameworks, tools, technologies and Quality Engineering Methodologies, using Selenium with Python
- BDD experience with Specflow/Python Behave
- Strong experience in designing and building automation framework using Test Automation Tools like (Selenium & Python Behave).
- Strong Experience in Programming, Selenium WebDriver, NUnit
- Experience in API Testing (both manual and automation with Python Behave).
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test scripts and test infrastructure.
- Working experience in CI, CD & CT implementation using Azure Pipelines
- Skills in test integrations, defect management and test management using any ALM tool (VSTS / ALM).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is mandatory
- Self-Driven, results oriented, motivated and a team player
- Ability to work across time zones and be flexible
- Note: We are not looking for Java experienced candidates. Only candidates with Python will be considered
QA Automation; automation framework; functional testing; bdd; automation testing; manual testing; test planning; test scripts; selenium webdriver; api testing
Shell India Markets Private Limited