The Automation Tester will be responsible for design and develop test Frameworks and automate tests using Selenium, BDD, Cucumber/Specflow, WebDriver. Develop automated tests to test Web Services and REST APIs.
Work closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability and ability to automate, to provide feedback on design, both functional and technical. Innovate on latest tools and processes to improve QA functional manual and Automation testing, document best practices and mentor junior team members. Identify test cases from Acceptance Criteria for the User Stories, estimate work and participate in design reviews. Work on frameworks to ensure continuous deployment and continuous integration. Develop new proofs-of-concepts for QA Automation, ensuring continual improvements.Dimensions
The Manual & Automation Tester will be operating as part of a small Agile/Scrum feature team of about 5-7 developers, testers and other specialists. The Automation Tester will have a solid reporting line to the DE Testing Others- Test Lead /manger and dotted line reporting to product /Project manager and will work closely with other developers in the team working on other parts of the system.Skill Requirement
- 7+ years of overall experience with at least 5+ relevant experience in Selenium BDD framework
- Automation Frameworks, tools, technologies and Quality Engineering Methodologies, using Selenium with Python/C#
- BDD experience with Specflow/Python Behave
- Strong experience in designing and building automation framework using Test Automation Tools like (Selenium & Rest Sharp).
- Strong Experience in Programming, Selenium WebDriver, NUnit
- Experience in API Testing (both manual and automation with Rest Sharp).
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test scripts and test infrastructure.
- Working experience in CI, CD & CT implementation using Azure Pipelines or Jenkins
- Skills in test integrations, defect management and test management using any ALM tool (VSTS / ALM).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is mandatory
- Self-Driven, results oriented, motivated and a team player
- Ability to work across time zones and be flexible
Note: We are not looking for Java experienced candidates. Only candidates with C#/Python will be considered
Good to Have:
Key accountabilities include:
- Experience in using source controllers GIT/TFS.
- Experience in SQL
- Experience in Salesforce
- As an Automation Tester, you will be responsible to plan and undertake end-to-end test activities such as test script development, test execution & defects management.
- Work collaboratively with Test Manager, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Developers in project to assess test scenarios and provide test requirements based on risk-based testing methodology.
- Design and Develop Test strategy, Test plan, Test reporting, test conditions, test scripts, test data, and expected results for test streams, including Product Test, Integration Test, Technical Test and Deployment Test.
- Capable of designing and execution of detailed functional test cases for complex requirements
- Experience in identifying and implementing process improvements that improve the level of delivery while finding optimization opportunities
- Must demonstrate effective communication with management, peers, and subordinates, both verbally and in writing
- Proactive and Organized, Capable of working in an ambiguous/uncertain environment, understanding risks & flagging it on time. Ability to mitigate risks and ensuring quality deliverables adhering to timelines.
- Ensuring Test Delivery Assurance complying with Shell standard tools and framework.
- Experienced virtual team worker with ability to work across time, geographical, and cultural boundaries
- Leadership skills and ability to drive change using influence and networking
- Good team player and effective leader with a long-term vision
- Flexible working across time zones because this role requires coordination with stakeholders in UK/US
Educational Qualifications/Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent with of 7+ years of experience in QA Automation of Web Applications, Web Services and REST APIs.
Automation; NUnit; Automation Tester; API Testing; Selenium; QA Automation; Selenium WebDriver; Python; Selenium BDD framework
Shell India Markets Private Limited