Candidates bring a deep understanding of geometric computer vision and machine learning algorithms and technologies that are necessary building blocks of interactive, real-time, and immersive systems, including Simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), and sensor fusion, also applying ML/DL techniques to enhance accuracy and robustness of traditional geometric computer vision algorithms, handle 3D data, modeling geometries of 3D objects, computational geometry, and mathematical optimization. They need to exhibit excellent analytical and algorithm development skills. Experience in designing solutions and implementations for real-time embedded and mobile platforms would be a plus. In this job the candidate would:
- Be part of a world-class XR team researching and developing mobile Augmented and Virtual Reality enabling technology
- Development of efficient and accurate computer vision and machine learning solutions for XR perception tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Understand and analyze requirements for perception systems for XR platforms
- Collaborate across functional boundaries in defining architecture, APIs, design, and schedule
- See your design in action on industry-leading chips embedded in the next generation of AR and VR devices, smartphones, and robotics
Critical Must Have skills/experience for role
Strong understanding of more than one of the following areas:
- SLAM, tracking and registration, 3D scene understanding, human pose estimation, sensor fusion, mathematical optimization
- ML/DL techniques to handle 3D data, modeling geometries of 3D objects, human pose tracking, computational geometry, and mathematical optimization
- And/or strong understanding of machine learning algorithms and deep networks used in these areas
- Experience with Augmented/Virtual Reality devices and applications
- C++ experience
- Ability to lead a small group of junior engineers working in similar areas
- Experience using machine learning toolboxes (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Caffe)
Preferred skills/experience for role
- Experience in software development, incl. testing and debugging on XR devices, mobile platforms or other embedded systems
- Excellent C++ and object-oriented programming
- Real-time Computer graphics
- Masters with 6+ years of industry experience or 3+ years of industry experience with PhD
Required: Master or PhD (preferred) with focus in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Virtual reality, Augmented reality, machine vision, computer vision, machine learning, deep learning, 3D reconstruction and scene understanding, computer graphics
Bachelors degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4 years of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
Masters degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3 years of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2 years of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
Wireless; Geometry; C++; Product engineering; Analytical; Machine learning; Debugging; Automotive; Robotics
QCom provides a range of specialist and expert lead services for your organisation. Our flexible means of working allows us to provide you with exactly what you are looking for and at a price suited to your business.