The Data Scientist will work as a core member of advanced analytics project delivery teams within the analytics Center of Excellence. This person will be responsible for conducting simple to complex statistical analyses using large datasets. They will be involved in building and re-iterating of advanced statistical and machine learning models. They will also work closely with an integrated analytics team including data engineers, translators and senior data scientists. They will be expected to familiarize themselves with a typical analytics project life cycle.
- Conducts advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
- Can build models using supervised/unsupervised learning techniques of varying complexity
- Understanding of data engineering techniques and concepts like pilot testing and execution is a good to have
- Collaborate with senior data scientists in building and delivering analytics models
- Communicate results to technical audience within an integrated analytics team
- Contribute to knowledge building and sharing by researching best practices, documenting solutions and continuously iterating on new ways to solve problems
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Operations Research, Economics or a related field.
- Basic programming experience in 1 language
- Theoretical knowledge of advanced analytics techniques
- Experience in machine learning techniques preferred
- Hands on experience in solving analytics problems in at least 1 industry
Required Skills :
- Ability to work well in agile environments in diverse teams with multiple stakeholders
- Strong drive to learn and good organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex analytical and technical content
- High energy and passionate individual who can work closely with other team members
- Excited about trying new solutions outside standard methodologies
- Willing to adopt an iterative approach; experimental mindset to drive innovation
machine learning; advanced analytics; computer science; operations research; project delivery; project life cycle; center of excellence; unsupervised learning; statistics
UPL is a leader in global food systems and with the acquisition of Arysta LifeScience, is now one of the top 5 agricultural solutions companies worldwide. With revenue of US$5 billion, UPL has presence in 130 countries. With market access to 90 percent of world€?s food basket and focused on high-growth regions, UPL represents a compelling value proposition for growers, distributors, suppliers and innovation partners in a consolidating market. UPL offers an integrated portfolio of both patented and post-patent agricultural solutions for various arable and specialty crops, including biological, crop protection, seed treatment and post-harvest solutions covering the entire crop value chain.