As a Lead MLE, your key responsibilities include building automation and leading-edge architecture around model development, deployment, and serving to optimize time to market and quality of AI/ML applications. Specifically, you will give architectural guidance to ensure our global AI/ML systems are production-grade, scalable and use the latest state of the art technology and methodology.
You will help define and ensure best coding practices within the team of excellent and engaged engineers. You will be given creative freedom and opportunities to work on advanced AI/ML problems, such as reinforcement learning and a self-serve AI/ML platform. You will do hands-on code development, mentor junior team members, and interact with business stakeholders.
- Build and/or lead the creation and maintenance of optimal global AI/ML architectures.
- Stay informed of industry trends and enable successful AI/ML solutions by leveraging best practices.
- Partnering effectively with stakeholders and business users.
- Participate in and set up Proof of Concepts (POCs) to demonstrate proposed solutions.
- Enable team members in the MLE space through training, culture, and team building.
- Identify , design, and implement internal process improvements: Automating manual processes, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build infrastructure needed for AI/ML systems, such as model inference, automated (re-)training etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to help with AI/ML-related technical issues and support their AI/ML infrastructure needs.
- Actively handle escalated incidents to resolution and suggest solutions to limit future exposure.
- Participate in Code Review and process improvement.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor/Master/Engineering degree in IT/Computer Science/software engineering or relevant field .
- 8 + years of total experience in a complex, technical environment.
- Experience building scalable AI/ML systems for continuous training automation, computer vision, natural language processing, or similarly advanced AI/ML problems.
- Experience one or more of the following AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud services: Sage M aker, ECR/EC2 and Docker , AWS Batch processing, Lambda, Glue, EventBridge, etc.
- Experience with AI/ML operational tools such as SageMaker, Airflow, MLFlow , H2O, etc.
- Experience with developing production-grade Python code
- Experience with big data tools such as EMR (Elastic MapReduce) , Spark or similar.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience leading, supporting, and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Supply chain; Automation; Data management; Coding; Process improvement; Maintenance Manager; Operations; Team building; SQL
At ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD) we pioneer innovative solutions that treat and keep people out of the hospital, empowering them to live healthier, higher- quality lives. Our cloud- connected medical devices transform care for people with sleep apnea, COPD and other chronic diseases. Our comprehensive out- of- hospital software platforms support the professionals and caregivers who help people stay healthy in the home or care setting of their choice. By enabling better care, we improve quality of life, reduce the impact of chronic disease and lower costs for consumers and healthcare systems in more than 120 countries.