You love to own important work and find it difficult to turn down a good challenge. You have a strong track record of development and evaluation of ML models, and leading projects or teams in development of ML models. You excel at building relationships and influencing at senior leadership levels and possess an eagerness to learn and disseminate new knowledge. You have strong communication skills and enjoy working with colleagues from a variety of technical and non-technical backgrounds. Finally, you have a strong interest in improving healthcare.
About the team
The data science team is bringing machine learning to bear against the hardest problems in healthcare. We are working with product and engineering leaders across the company to build machine learning into our Best In KLAS suite of products. We work hand-in-hand with platform engineers to deploy state-of-the-art machine learning models using cloud technologies.
As a leader of the Data Science team, you are expected to
- Stay abreast and evaluate the latest in data science technologies and determine how to incorporate these into our data science best practices
- Integrate with and broadly support the data science team in executing developed roadmaps; identify and document project dependencies; coordinate efforts across the team to ensure completion and effectiveness
- Contribute to the training and development of junior staff members
- Develop and follow conventions and best practices for modeling, coding, architecture, and statistics; hold other team members accountable for doing so
- Contribute to the development of internal tools and data science team standards
- Work collaboratively across the Infrastructure, Platform, UX, and Product organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
- Advanced degree (PHD, MS) in relevant field. For example, but not limited to: math, computer science, computer science, data science
- 5+ years of professional experience designing, building, training, deploying and evaluating machine learning models in production software environments at scale
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams or leading cross functional efforts
- Proficiency with python strongly preferred
- Have strong NLP skills or computer vision experience,
- AWS experience strongly preferred
Machine Learning; Data Science; NLP; Spark; US Healthcare; Product Engineering; Computer Vision; Statistics; Strong Communication Skills; Python
athenaHealth Technology Private Limited.