As an independent contractor (1099) with Data Society, youll have the freedom to teach classes that youre interested in, when youre available for them - and still be part of an engaged, communicative team.
You ll interact with professionals across countries and industries to help them understand how they can use data science to advance their careers and transform how industries are run. This includes delivering training and helping design the most intuitive and effective data science training experience on the web. Your position is key in communicating the students needs to leadership and instructional designers and maintaining a steady focus on opportunities to enhance the student experience. This position will be remote as all programs are currently run via teleconferencing tools.
- Leading engaging and intuitive live-streaming trainings for a professional audience
- Supporting students via email after training and via chat during live lessons
- Learning of additional client needs through conversations with students and key client stakeholders
- Working with the instructional design and data science teams to develop and improve content
- Helping train other instructors as needed
Skills you bring:
You are excited to pass on your knowledge and experience to a professional audience. You are passionate about STEM and believe in making high-quality, intuitive education accessible to all. You are passionate about helping students achieve their objectives and want to have a job where you interact with professionals and help them solve the challenges that they face. You are an engaging speaker who is comfortable working in a professional environment, delivering trainings in front of senior staff in the federal government and Fortune 500 companies.
- Fluency in Python programming
- Fluency in at least one other object-oriented programming and/or functional programming language (e.g. Java, Scala, Go)
- Fluency in version control systems for code (e.g. Git)
- Fluency in version control systems for data (e.g. DVC) is strongly preferred
- Expertise in building and deploying production-grade machine learning models
- Fluency in using CI/CD and pipeline tools is strongly recommended
- Expertise in using multiple services in at least one of the major cloud-based IAAS systems like AWS or Azure
- At least 2 years of data science and machine learning engineering experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with tools such as Spark, Kafka, and Kubernetes is preferred
- Future ability to teach in-person workshops if appropriate
Training; Training delivery; Version control; GIT; data science; Instructional design; Machine learning; big data; Object oriented programming; Python
Data Society provides high quality data science training and advisory services for corporations and government agencies with a desire to make data driven decisions. We believe that modern organizations need to be equipped to make data driven decisions tha