- Writes new software, makes modifications to existing software, or integrates software applications and modules in accordance with agreed upon specifications, created in partnership with others
- Creates and executes unit testing and integration testing ensuring software meets requirements.
- Contributes to the creation of design. May lead the design of less complex components.
- May provide technical support to operations or other development teams.
- Creates, reviews, and maintains all required technical documentation/ manual related to assigned software to ensure supportability and reuse.
- Reviews work of peers and more junior developers.
- Provides wider feedback into performance
- Assists in identification and implementation of short-term and long-term solution options, including risk assessments.
- Assists with improvements to prevent problems, including problem resolution workflow.
- Participates in remediation solutions.
- Participates in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Provides work breakdown and estimates for small software development tasks.
- Provides timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities within projects to supervisor
- Actively participates in team and status meetings.
- Demonstrates software as requested
- Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
Roles and Responsibilities
Own large and complex technical projects that interact with several other systems
Participate and contribute to requirements analysis
Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
Write clean, scalable, and testable code using modern programming languages to support application frontends
Test and deploy applications and systems
Revise, update, refactor and debug code
Help recruit, hire, and mentor your peers and other engineers as we grow
Education: Minimum bachelor s degree in computer science and e ngineering or related field of study, or equivalent experience
You are curious, want to know how things work, and learn new skills
3 + yrs. e xperience with NET Core ( preferably in Linux)
AWS knowledge (SNS/SQS, ECR/ECS, EC2, S3 minimum demonstrable programmer knowledge especially in .NET and/or Python)
Docker containerization/microservice architecture in cloud environments
Experience with websockets , REST
Agile development and delivery
Excellent communication skills
Ability and passion to learn modern technologies quickly
Natural Language Processing techniques
Machine Learning techniques ( e.g. SVM, word2vec/doc2vec, Random Forest, BERT)
Experience with Selenium
Thomson Reuters is a global leader in providing essential information to the world"s businesses and professionals in Law, Financial Services, Tax Accounting, Media News, Healthcare and Scientific Research. With our deep expertise and understanding of these professions, we are able to offer our customers a broad range of innovative products and services. The relevant, insightful information and intuitive supporting systems we provide enable our customers to be successful. Thomson Reuters has operations in 93 countries around the globe. More information about Thomson Reuters and its financial performance can be found on www.ThomsonReuters.com.