Join the number One Global Lubricants supplier in the world and be part of the team that helps in shaping up the digital and the IDT strategy delighting our customers in over 100 countries across every sector!
Where you fit in
As technology progress accelerates, the integration between information, digital and other technologies increases. At present, Automation to simplify and speed up business processes is on the rise. Hence, the combined IT and digital capabilities in IDT, as part of PT, are strengthening Shell’s differentiating technical capability.
To enable delivery of Shell’s Powering Progress strategy, Robotic process automation (RPA), Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and many other related automation technologies are now being employed at Shell. As Portfolio Analyst – Automation (Service Owner), you will join the DIY & Automation portfolio and report to the Service Portfolio Manager, DIY & Automation. This portfolio will draw up the vision of Automation services and layout a multi-year service roadmap to provide secure and reliable services.
What’s the role?
As Portfolio Analyst – Automation (Service Owner), you will lead the development and deployment the new services, sets service definitions and levels in terms that respond to business events. You will investigate new requirements for enterprise Automation services, make technology choices in line with architectural standards, determine the optimum sourcing and operational approaches and develop the service roadmaps that show how services are planned to evolve.
In this role, you will be supported by the SMs reviews with the supplier’s delivery performance for the services and will have to identify and initiate improvements to the suppliers in case target levels are not met.
Other accountabilities are as follows:
- Automation Service Portfolio Life Cycle, including delivery of new services, evergreening of existing services & asset integrity with end-of-life management of services that are sun-setting.
- Service (Product) Development from point of identifying a business requirement through to implementation and transition to support.
- Maintain of the integrated roadmap (0-3 years) for the Automation portfolio (including service components).
- Maintain investment business cases, develop Group Investment Proposals where needed, tracking & reporting of business benefit realisation.
- Strong stakeholder management with both internal and external parties, including vendors.
- Help identify key events or decision points for the portfolio (i.e. major upgrades, architecture drivers, end of life, retirement of declining services, commercial contract extensions, etc.) .
- Track & report technical debt to ensure timely actions are taken to reduce risk and cost exposure.
- Conduct service appraisals to understand service consumption, total cost of ownerships (TCO), proactively drive service uptake including consolidation and rationalisation of service(s) to improve cost efficiency.
- Understand Information Security risks of the service (including tracking, reporting and addressing IRM/Audit findings).
- Incorporate top-down input from Enterprise Architecture (APD) into service roadmaps and service designs.
- Bottom-up input from business representatives, natural team (SM, Architect, IRM).
- Participate in Automation Natural Team & nurture talent & skills to keep portfolio evergreen.
- Participate and get approval from governance bodies such as Enterprise Service Portfolio Council (ESPC).
- Regular interfacing with senior IT and business stakeholders (GMs and Senior IM/IT Leaders) at LC grades.
- Prepare business facing briefings and position papers with an audience up to and including group CIO.
- External focused – keep track of technology and market trends and proactively evaluate business value opportunities.
- Champion Shell’s position as an innovator and leader in technology adoption through participation in external industry events and through personal external network.
What we need from you?
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years overall work experience and 2 to 4 years relevant experience.
- Has acquired the core IT competences: Portfolio/ Project Management, ITIL Service Management.
- LEADERSHIP - Emerging leadership of interdependent and virtual teams delivering results through others. Leading diverse team.
- DELIVERY - Experience and proficiency with opportunity identification and maturation.
- ENGAGEMENT - Visible and effective engagement, communication and presentation skills. Is highly experienced in communicating and partnering with stakeholders across organizations, levels.
- Possesses an extensive knowledge of business and understands the significance of commercial constraints.
- Strong communication, STORY TELLING and stakeholder management skills
- Diligent and attention to high levels of data quality.
- Demonstrated skill running effective meetings and getting buy-in and participation from stakeholders, Building and managing efficient relationships with diverse stakeholders (internal and external e.g. suppliers, vendors).
- External focused – knowledge of external market trends such as new technology, suppliers’ offerings that can bring value to Shell.
- Has obtained domain knowledge or hands on experiences in the areas of:Project Management with a proven track record of achievement.
- IT Strategy and Planning.
- Business Requirements Analysis.
- Experience working with RPA, OCR and other automation technologies.
- Working knowledge of MS Power Platform including Cloud and Market Standard Services.
- Experience in Business IT is an advantage.
- Fluent in English (Oral and Written).
Portfolio Management; project management; RPA; ITIL; OCR; IT Strategy; Portfolio Analyst
Shell India Markets Private Limited