- Develop and Test Puppet Modules, Profiles to support application configuration and ad-hoc tasks.
- Develop ARM & terraform templates for Azure resource deployments along with AKS Cluster deployments.
- Develop PowerShell or Ruby scripts as required, in accordance with best practices.
- Assist other team members with application architecture and configuration issues or questions.
- Liaise with infrastructure engineers and application developers on a variety of automation workflows.
- Support the wider Smart Cloud team by completing manual application change requests if necessary.
- Attend regular project, team and customer meetings where required.
- Participate in R&D efforts to improve methods, toolsets and processes used by the automation team.
- Produce documentation outlining the application configuration methods. Support and troubleshoot code throughout its lifecycle from Development to Production.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Acquires specific expertise in automation design and development approaches and best practices.
- Recommends and makes changes and enhancements to improve the quality of solutions and processes.
- Writes and implements efficient code.
- Writes clear and concise documentation.
- Works with more experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues and perform unit testing.
- Engages with cross-functional teams to develop solutions that meet customer needs.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in a variety of the field s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on moderate experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Masters or Bachelors degree in Engineering or Technology, from a reputed institute, with excellent academic records.
- Overall experience should be 5 to 7 years and relevant experience should be 3 years
- Previous experience in an Application Support, Services or Development role
- Experience with PowerShell and/or Ruby scripting languages.
- Experience with Azure Services .
- Experience with Puppet Configuration Management.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of application packaging technologies (e.g. Chocolatey, NuGet).
- Customer focused with desire for excellent service delivery.
- Ability to self-manage and to deliver projects to agreed deadlines.
- Flexible working hours.
- Excellent problem-solving skills: Ability to analyse data and make decisions based upon findings.
- Positive outlook and attitude
- Ability to report succinctly with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to fit in to a team yet also work alone with minimum supervision.
- Excellent People Skills - Demonstrated ability to work with both technical and non- technical individuals, both in gathering information and communicating direction and status.
Application packaging; Application support; Automation; Linux; Configuration management; Support services; Windows; Unit testing; Project delivery; Ruby
Hexagon Capability Center India (HCCI) is one of the key technology Ramp;D hubs for Hexagon, a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous technologies enabling efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.Innovations, consistent deliveries and ever-evolving technologies at HCCI has helped various Hexagon units to grow its business and customer base globally. HCCI has product teams that work on product portfolios for PPM, Safety amp; Infrastructure, Geospatial, Geosystems, Mining, Manufacturing Intelligence, and Positioning Intelligence. In addition, HCCI has dedicated services teams that provide implementation services for PPM and SI customers worldwide.