Here is your role. What part will you play
- As a Research Engineer, can you move beyond theoretical models and build innovative, practical, and robust real-world solutions for Computer Vision based applications in smart mobility, intelligent infrastructure, and autonomous systems?
- Can you develop strategic concepts and engage in technical business development to address new markets with our business units, using video-analytics based technologies?
- Do you find it exciting to dive deep into an ocean of data and solve challenges associated with transforming and enriching such large complex datasets?
- Can you demonstrate outstanding ability to drive innovation and research in the form of patents and publishing papers at top-tier conferences/journals?
- Degree in Computer Science and from a reputed institute with grass-root experience of at least 1year in solving complex problems and driving actionable insights.
Hands-on experience with one or more of the following is a must:
- Minimum 1 year of experience working on Image processing, Computer vision and Video Analytics problems with a clear understanding and ability to implement algorithms (especially deep learning algorithms).
- Solid hands-on experience in training deep convolutional and/or recurrent networks using frameworks like Tensorflow, Caffe and PyTorch.
- Hands-on experience using OpenCV and OpenGL.
- Research, develop and prototype software technologies related to object detection, tracking, semantic segmentation, action recognition, 3D reconstruction, SLAM and photometric stereo.
- Optimization techniques and model compression for deployment on resource-constrained hardware/edge devices.
- Excited to collaborate with team members from idea generation, prototyping through production, present developed solutions and recommendations to business partners, and influence future technology roadmap and strategy of the portfolio.
- Have rich experience in understanding and influencing technology choices and building solutions to remove obstacles towards adoption.
- Closely follow latest developments in artificial intelligence and be an early adopter of disruptive trends/technologies.
- Extremely energetic and willing to walk the extra mile for achieving targets and be an active AI evangelist within and outside Siemens.
Computer vision; Prototype; Publishing; Image processing; Artificial Intelligence; Opengl; Manager Technology; Research; Analytics
Siemens is a technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare. From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, and smarter buildings and grids, to cleaner and more comfortable transportation as well as advanced healthcare, the company creates technology with purpose adding real value for customers. By combining the real and the digital worlds, Siemens empowers its customers to transform their industries and markets, helping them to transform the everyday for billions of people. Siemens also owns a majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, a globally leading medical technology provider shaping the future of healthcare. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.