- Reporting to Automation engineering leader getting guidance on external vendor engagement, communication, and delivery of 100% lab uptime Implementation of high-quality automation projects to improve operational efficiency, KPIs to deliver quality lab data (Entomology genotyping) to regional and global stakeholders.
- Provide leadership in building an open, transparent, and empowered culture by an inclusive planning of the day-to-day workplans with the team members, partner with the automation engineering lead to put together plans for Annual maintenance of critical equipment, developing people and the talent within the team as per the strategic plans
- Set individual goals/ performance reviews, manage development and recognition of employees, selecting personnel, supporting work force diversity, quality, and safety
- Partner with Precision genomics entomology platform team members to collate all the lab automation, Data, and analytics requirements, develop project plans and execute to drive process efficiency
- Develop propose lab capacity upgradation equipment maintenance plan in alignment with lab strategy, taking current scenario in to account to cater to the needs of both genotyping and entomology platforms
- Ensure all the AMCs are renewed at regular intervals, proper maintenance, and calibration of all the critical lab equipment carried out as per the QMS and ISO compliance requirements
- Manage day to day vendor engagements to ensure uptime of all critical equipment that need third party attention to be able to function properly to ensure 100% availability without any impact on business continuity and also ensure maintenance of optimal inventory of equipment spares as needed for immediate fixes
- Work with Jr. Automation engineer / Engineering associates to execute automation and equipment uptime strategy by regularly guiding them through training and mentoring them
- Work with the platform team members to plan and execute equipment, IT and data related trainings to the lab team members to ensure self-service literacy on common equipment related issues
- Contribute to elimination of losses and create value by reducing variation in the production process and equipment settings
- Use Focused Improvement techniques (e.g. 5WHYs) to initiate process improvement
- Provide technical expertise to Jr. Automation engineer/Automation engineer associate for troubleshooting and solving the problems related to equipment operation, configuration, and software integration of automation systems
- Partner with the global teams to integrate automation equipment into laboratory processes
- This position involves the responsibility of vendor engagement, communication and delivery of 100% lab uptime Implementation of high-quality automation projects to improve operational efficiency, KPIs in order to deliver quality lab data (Entomology genotyping) to regional and global stakeholders.
Qualification: Masters or Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electrical, Instrumentation or Mechatronics or Computer Science) with 5 - 9 years experience in automation and robotics, with expert level proficiency in data analysis and visualization.
Key Skills: Excellent automation and robotics, with expert level proficiency in data analysis and visualization., Strong communication, interpersonal, collaboration and networking skills
Automation; Mechatronics; Data analysis; ISO; Networking; Entomology; Process improvement; Instrumentation; Troubleshooting; Robotics
Bayer CropScience Ltd