What will you do?
About the Team:
Payment Partnerships & Economics is responsible for defining “partner engagement” and “economics” of Airbnb Payments. It drives overall engagement with Airbnb’s external payment partner base. Partnerships comprises Business Development and Operations teams that drive strategic partnerships with new and emerging players in the payments ecosystem, manage relationships with existing partners, enable resolution of day-to-day partner centric operational issues, and optimize partner performance. The team is also responsible for developing Airbnb’s multi-year payment economics strategy to create new revenue streams from payment capabilities and to lower our payments costs.
Who are we looking for?
- Identify and evaluate new payment partnership opportunities: Work closely with a team of x-functional payment partnership stakeholders to evaluate new partnership deals, work on defining T&C’s of deal strategies
- Augment partnership deal negotiations: Perform necessary deal analysis that translates into actionable insights that lead to better negotiated deal outcomes
- Manage operational performance of payment partners: Define, own, and measure the core success metrics of payment partnership. Measure operational performance of individual payment partners, Do necessary RCA on performance deviation and drive cross-functional stakeholders actions towards resolution
- Build quality data foundations needed for your analytical needs in partnership with the data engineering team.
- Ad-hoc analytics: Perform necessary ad-hoc analysis that translates in actionable product/business insights
- Experiment design: Design/set-up/ measure experiments to understand the impact of new payment features
- Contribute to payment platform roadmap: Empower the product and engineering teams to make data-driven decisions on building critical payment platforms
- 5+ years of experience in payments/fintech space
- Proficient in writing and understanding complex SQL queries; experience working with large data sets and Hive databases
- Programming background and expertise in using at least one of the following languages: Python, R
- Ability to understand complex payment architecture design and flow-on effects of changes done to optimize overall design
- Bonus points, if you have
- Strong background in statistics and experiment design
- Experience in creating data pipelines using Airflow / Minerva would be a bonus
- Strong cross- functional project management skill,
- Keen sense of prioritization to align actions with business priorities
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver agreed results on-time.
- Good story-telling & articulation skills - ability to convert analytical output into clear, concise, and persuasive insights & recommendations for technical & non-technical audience
- Strong influence and relationship management skills; comfortable interacting across all levels of stakeholders.
SQL queries; Airflow; R; Hive; architecture design; Python
AIRBNB GLOBAL CAPABILITY CENTER PRIVATE LIMITED