The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and news way of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programs like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
The purpose of the role is to support the Businesses (UP/DS/ IGNE/ PT/GF) to deliver Shell’s Goal Zero (No Harm & No Leaks) ambition, by providing accurate and quality assured safety performance data. It is also about driving a cultural change around reporting by empowering the business to understand what lies behind the data, and by supporting their own team to become trusted business partners who can hold up the mirror and challenge.
The incumbent will be expected to play a key role in driving change to optimize the reporting systems and processes and providing the performance data and insights required to support the Goal Zero journey.
The R&A Engineer(Data Visualization) will be part of the VP TAO organization
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
Purpose & Accountabilities
This role is accountable to help simplify and automate reporting and daily activities through programmatic means. It also includes the below
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Designing, developing, and maintaining Power Tool (Power-BI/ Power Apps & Power Automate) solutions
- Presenting information through reports and visualizations
- Coach and mentor site staff in data visualization tool usage & skill development
- Evaluate and improve existing Power Tools solutions
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Responsible for design methodology and project technical documentation
- Interpret and present data from complex data sources in an easy-to-understand way and build new insights from data.
- Work with central team and global stake holders to find different dimensions of data and produce the analysis, reports & insights accordingly.
- Support a Data improvement project which may include data cleanse, data mining, benchmarking, reporting projects.
- Interpret and present data from different data sources like SAP/ Salesforce in an easy-to-understand way and build new insights from data.
- Engagement with the Site stakeholders such as Requestors and Approvers to communicate plans, obtain feedback, and solicit improvements for the reports/analysis/suggest way forward for improving the data.
- Learn new tools like Power-BI/ App/ Automate / Celonis / Spotfire/ R-tool SQL coding etc. for data analysis
Engagement with Team and Stack-holders
- Assist the Team to develop, maintain and manage the Site Reference Document. Communicate with the site or locations stakeholder, understand their interoperability’s. Regularly report progress of work to site or location direct contacts as Requestors and Approvers.
- Assist the Team in responding to inquiries related to the data and its functionality including training of Request Tools, running pilot tests and demonstrations, increasing awareness of tools & process. This Technical Support function includes supporting managers and other staff on migration efforts.
- Managing stakeholders/ representatives of various operating units through effective communication and identifying & resolving the bottlenecks for data analysis, maintaining issue logs and use the same in implementing changes/improvements in the process.
Other back up accountabilities, as follows:
- Recommend and run site or Continuous Improvement projects.
- Understand how information and data is utilized within the site or location through awareness to extract and apply the methods of these tools to Data Quality (methods and processes are listed in the Skills Section).
- Assist the team leads to standardize processes, tools, methods, procedures as directed (Ex: Improving the data quality standards and best practices).
- Network with counterparts and other levels of organization across the different support centers.
- Support the Senior Process Data Engineer and other engineers performing primary functions, technical data and documents of the operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations.
- Assurance of maintenance effectiveness by maintenance data management as per Business defined Standards with an objective to maximize Productivity while reducing deferment.
- Participation in Group efforts to Standardize processes, tools, benchmarks, standards, and best practices.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-discipline team environment
- Proficient in making .
- Expertise in using advance level calculations on the data set.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Should have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Organized, thorough, and professional.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers and clients.
- Conflict management skills.
- Industry experience is preferred, specifically in tying the solution to business value
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Flexible and adaptable to change, with track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical capabilities and problem solving.
- Virtual working experience highly desirable.
- Able to work in flexible shift timings.
- University or College degree in engineering, computer science, machine learning or Data Science, or related degree
- Required 3+ years relevant development experience with visualization & automation tools like Power BI, Power App & Power Automate etc.
Power BI; Spotfire; R; data analysis; data science; data mining; Power Automate; machine learning; business intelligence; SQL
Shell India Markets Private Limited