As a Software Test Engineer, you will participate in a fast paced Agile development team, building SaaS financial web applications. Your main responsibilities will be to design, develop, and implement automated tests for software solutions as well as learn and leverage the current methodologies and technologies, including Scrum and BDD. You will be part of a diverse team of talented engineers globally, providing guidance, support, and clear priorities. Prior experience with Test Automation Tools and Frameworks is required.
What you ll work on:
- Work closely with Product Owner, Developers Test Architects to make sure that all features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage.
- Drive Automation test strategies and work directly with Functional QA and Development partners to build and scale the automated test solutions/ test frameworks.
- Display ownership with source control, sprint task management, and deployment tools(CI/CD).
- Automate and execute test scenarios/ run regression suits for existing and new solutions.
- Analyze, troubleshoot fix automation framework issues and breaks; exhibit excellent technical troubleshooting ability; continuous improvement of test pipelines / suits.
- Proven understanding of SDLC, CI/CD, Agile/Scrum, TDD/ BDD, and object-oriented design principals.
- Provide transparency through well-defined metrics, automation testing results and reporting.
Who you are:
- Bachelor s degree in CS, QA, or IT preferred (or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years experience web application development, preferably in a Test role
- In depth experience of at least 2 or more of leading automation testing tools/framework like Selenium, SpecFlow, Cucumber /BDD, Cypress or Test NG.
- Tools: Postman, Visual Studio, VSCode, Node npm, SourceTree/ Git, Git Bash.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different levels of stakeholders in application delivery, QA and business groups.
- Thorough understanding of test principles such as unit, smoke, functional, user acceptance, and usability testing.
Markit Ltd. was a global financial information and services company with over 4,000 employees, founded in 2003 as an independent source of credit derivative pricing. The company provides independent data, trade processing of derivatives, foreign exchange and loans, customized technology platforms and managed services. The company aims to enhance transparency, reduce financial risk and improve operational efficiency.