- As Senior Software Engineer, you will lead a team of Core RPA DevOps professionals who are mainly tasked with production fixes for Blue Prism, ABBYY, Power Automate Desktop and Chatbot
- Managing multiple delivery priorities, multiple demand requests and complex issues
- You will work as one team with business support teams to ensure seamless deployments of changes and maximum added value for the business by proposing continuous improvements in line with the business needs and strategy
- You will have an executional role in design and development projects or acts as an expert tester who designs test scripts and provides overall project guidance and planning support
- Advises internally on solving functional and technical problems regarding the assigned applications and Infrastructure
- You will work largely independently within defined projects/work streams and is checked on end results
Aside from above, you are expected for the following:
- Effectively prioritize the requests and incidents and follow change management process as appropriate.
- Manage the issues end to end, by working closely with the developers, vendors, and other business teams.
- Participate in troubleshooting of infra landscape like public cloud using Azure, Client Virtualization, IAM, Virtual Desktops etc.
- Automated Solutions are following the development and coding standards and guidelines before it is promoted to production environment.
- Share Knowledge and best practices with the DevOps Engineers around RPA/ OCR/ Chatbots as service offering on cloud.
- Routinely reviews the Design of code and suggest best approach/way to be followed and helps create reusable components/objects which could be shared by processes.
- Demonstrate excellent stakeholder and Service management skills
- Ensure Quality, Speed and Ownership while delivering the support and follow the support model
- Support the development of bots for IT organization and train the IT user community on RPA tools
- Ensure more focus on key behaviors on Quality (work, engagement, and communication), Ownership (ensure timeliness and prompt response to issues and activities), and Delivery (agreed timelines and to the satisfaction of stakeholders)
- Request Management; Execute standard Requests
- Change Management; Assess/Implement configurations and enhancements
- Business processes: Configure applications for business processes. Work as one team with business support teams and Vendors to ensure seamless delivery and solutions according to support model
- Release Management: Ensure impact analysis is done on the integrating applications and technologies for periodic technical and/or content releases of solution. Ensure proper communications are sent and trainings delivered through the business support teams
- Supportability: ensure changes, configurations and project deliverables/solutions are successfully delivered into Automation landscape by following standard guidelines and rules.
- High degree of automation, technology and landscape complexity and integration.
- 8-12 years of total experience.
- Must have technical expertise/SME in Blue Prism and have hands on knowledge on ABBYY, Power automate desktop etc.
- Ability to lead a team of Core RPA DevOps professionals who are mainly tasked with production fixes for Blue Prism, ABBYY, Power Automate Desktop and Chatbot.
- You need to be up to date with latest RPA technology and envisage how that can add value to Shell s technical stack.
- Strong stakeholder, interpersonal relationship, and negotiation skills.
- A self-starter with good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels in the organization and across different geographies.
- Able to handle multiple tasks with appropriate priority and strong time management skills.
Desirable to have:
- Minimum Education or Certification: Degree related to IT or equivalent
- Extensive IT experience and proven experience in IT Management
- Experience in Machine Learning, Scripting, VB, Macros and other automation tools would be an added advantage
- Preferably individuals have Blue Prism Developer Certification
Service management; Change management; Coding; Machine learning; VB; Troubleshooting; Information technology; Virtualization; Macros; Release management
We are a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with more than 80,000 employees in more than 70 countries. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future.