If you are looking for a career with solid job prospects for the foreseeable future, understanding, delivering, or improving the range of activities to support the digital and energy transition, then this role will suit you. Join Shell and let us help you grow in a business that encourages both personal and professional development.
Where you fit in
You will be part of Smart Automation RPA team which will drive the Automation implementation and Support. The RPA landscape will be used as shared service globally and will be supporting across Business of Shell. You will be working virtually in a global environment with culturally diverse teams and across many organizational boundaries (within and across IT support and delivery organizations, incl. suppliers). Stakeholder management and partnering with shell architecture team on architectural roadmap, with external vendors on what’s new in market and how does it fit in Shell’s technology vision and work with COE and Portfolio teams to drive Automation adoption.
What’s the role
As Senior Software Engineer, you will lead a team of Core RPA DevOps professionals who are mainly tasked with production fixes for Blue Prism, ABBYY, Power Automate Desktop and Chatbot. Managing multiple delivery priorities, multiple demand requests and complex issues. You will work as one team with business support teams to ensure seamless deployments of changes and maximum added value for the business by proposing continuous improvements in line with the business needs and strategy.
You will have an executional role in design and development projects or acts as an expert tester who designs test scripts and provides overall project guidance and planning support. Advises internally on solving functional and technical problems regarding the assigned applications and Infrastructure. You will work largely independently within defined projects/work streams and is checked on end results.
Aside from above, you are expected for the following:
- Effectively prioritize the requests and incidents and follow change management process as appropriate.
- Manage the issues end to end, by working closely with the developers, vendors, and other business teams.
- Participate in troubleshooting of infra landscape like public cloud using Azure, Client Virtualization, IAM, Virtual Desktops etc.
- Automated Solutions are following the development and coding standards and guidelines before it is promoted to production environment.
- Share Knowledge and best practices with the DevOps Engineers around RPA/ OCR/ Chatbots as service offering on cloud.
- Routinely reviews the Design of code and suggest best approach/way to be followed and helps create reusable components/objects which could be shared by processes.
- Demonstrate excellent stakeholder and Service management skills
- Ensure Quality, Speed and Ownership while delivering the support and follow the support model
- Support the development of bots for IT organization and train the IT user community on RPA tools
- Ensure more focus on key behaviors on Quality (work, engagement, and communication), Ownership (ensure timeliness and prompt response to issues and activities), and Delivery (agreed timelines and to the satisfaction of stakeholders)
- Request Management; Execute standard Requests
- Change Management; Assess/Implement configurations and enhancements
- Business processes: Configure applications for business processes. Work as one team with business support teams and Vendors to ensure seamless delivery and solutions according to support model
- Release Management: Ensure impact analysis is done on the integrating applications and technologies for periodic technical and/or content releases of solution. Ensure proper communications are sent and trainings delivered through the business support teams
- Supportability: ensure changes, configurations and project deliverables/solutions are successfully delivered into Automation landscape by following standard guidelines and rules.
- High degree of automation, technology and landscape complexity and integration.
What we need from you
- 8-12 years of total experience.
- Must have technical expertise/SME in Blue Prism and have hands on knowledge on ABBYY, Power automate desktop etc.
- Ability to lead a team of Core RPA DevOps professionals who are mainly tasked with production fixes for Blue Prism, ABBYY, Power Automate Desktop and Chatbot.
- You need to be up to date with latest RPA technology and envisage how that can add value to Shell’s technical stack.
- Strong stakeholder, interpersonal relationship, and negotiation skills.
- A self-starter with good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels in the organization and across different geographies.
- Able to handle multiple tasks with appropriate priority and strong time management skills.
Desirable to have:
- Minimum Education or Certification: Degree related to IT or equivalent
- Extensive IT experience and proven experience in IT Management
- Experience in Machine Learning, Scripting, VB, Macros and other automation tools would be an added advantage
- Preferably individuals have Blue Prism Developer Certification
Translated Company Description
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether, that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Shell India Markets Private Limited