This is an exciting opportunity for a technical quality assurance engineer with a high attention to detail to join a new agile team charged with building integrations to market-leading human resources outsourcing applications. The role of a Technical QA Engineer is responsible for designing and architecting, prototyping, developing, testing and maintaining software solutions.
It involves project planning, product development, release management, product and feature design. The position provides technical mentorship to application delivery teams from a projects inception, while considering performance and scale. The position is also responsible for design and development of all integration applications.
The role requires excellent communication skills for identifying business requirements - evaluating them and translating them into technical specifications. This position reports to a US based Manager. In addition, individual is expected to collaborate with various external business partners and internal teams in US and India. The position works with the client to determine goals and is ultimately responsible for delivering final schematics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review technical design documents, understand the system and create test scripts and test plans.
- Contribute towards improving our testing infrastructure to ensure its reliability and scalability
- Execute test cases and provide relevant reports on results.
- Effectively document testing phases, identifying and recording defects, bugs, errors, and other associated issues.
- Make appropriate recommendations and execution plans based on report findings.
- Work cross-functionally with other Quality Assurance Engineers for testing and development of site capability and functionality, ensuring high quality throughout production.
- Evaluate product code and create automation scripts as needed.
- Assist the team in troubleshooting issues that may arise during testing phase, offering appropriate recommendations and implementations.
- Manage quality assurance parameters, maintaining statistical process controls, analyzing associated data, and other assorted technical support as needed.
- Establish Quality Assurance Engineer strategy and best practices.
Desired Skills Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering/Technology or Master of Computer Applications from an accredited institution, having consistent academic results (60% or above).
- Total testing experience of 4-8 years, having worked primarily on web-based applications.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Proficiency in test automation, using one of the market leading automation tools such as Selenium, TestComplete or Squish. Hands on experience on Python to enhance and customize test scripts.
- Working experience of test documentation and workflow tools, ability to write test cases independently.
- Proficiency required of API testing tools like Postman or Swagger.
- Knowledge of Webservices protocols like REST or SOAP
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process, integration experience is preferable
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, a knack for problem-solving, a desire to enhance user experience, and a passion for technology.
- Critical thinker and great problem-solving attitude.
Web services; Manager Quality Assurance; Testing tools; Consulting; Workflow; Selenium; Test cases; Troubleshooting; Technical support; Python
PrismHR creates exceptional software and services, empowering human resource outsourcing service providers such as Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs) and Administrative Service Organizations (ASOs) to deliver world-class payroll, benefits and HR to small and medium sized businesses. PrismHR software is used by more than 88,000 organizations and 2.2 million worksite employees, processing greater than $57 billion in payroll each year.