McAfee is searching for an accomplished Software Automation Architect to guide and enable quality practices in building a portfolio of industry-leading consumer security products plus online services.
You will be expected to design and develop test automation solutions involving UI, functional, API performance, and load testing. The role will be responsible for defining automation testing best practices, mentoring/training of staff, overseeing the definition, selection and extension of test automation architecture, frameworks, coding standards, and Automation Testing Strategies for our Consumer products and solutions.
This is a remote position in India. We will only consider candidates currently in India and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the Role:
- Active leadership through architectural definition and implementation of test automation strategies including roadmap, tools, frameworks, and approach across project teams. This requires overseeing technical project execution of recommended solutions.
- Provide thought leadership, guidance, and advice on test automation.
- Adaptive communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal and external levels.
- Presentation of data driven information to negotiate mutually acceptable solutions.
- Cultivate, develop, and manage strong, lasting relationships at the senior contributor and leadership level.
- Define and publish key performance metrics for automated testing
- Monitor QE activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identify areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Collaborate with development leadership teams and the test community (SDETs) to develop and execute QE strategies to meet and exceed our quality goals.
- Collaboration with academia and industry leaders to ensure best practices are utilized.
- Hands-on coding. Providing mentorship and leadership through coding.
- 5+ years working as Automation Engineer, industry experience of 10+ years.
- Hands-on current experience authoring, building, and adopting large scale, cross-functional automation frameworks with well-balanced coverage across UI, functional, API and back-end cloud integration (including end-to-end automation)
- Integration of test automation into CI/CD process and instrument full SDLC automation with Jenkins or Team City specifically cloud testing execution (AWS) with reporting tools such as Jira
- Proactive problem solving and debugging experience, strong-minded, quick thinker and assertive.
- Current mobile (iOS & Android), Web, Cloud and Windows systems (OS) expertise.
- Excellent communicator, influencing skills and negotiation skills to achieve buy-in on ideas and concepts.
- A keen interest/experience in improving efficiency in software testing!
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- An advanced degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- 3+ years working as Test Automation Architect (or similar), including proven experience of designing and implementing Automation Testing frameworks and methodology to support agile product development.
- Cyber security software domain experience is a plus.
Java; Jenkins; python; selenium; appium; automation testing; web technologies; cloud testing; jira
McAfee, Inc., (NYSE: MFE) headquartered in Santa Clara, California and the global leader in Intrusion Prevention and Security Risk Management, delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world. With its unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee empowers home users, businesses, the public sector, and service providers with the ability to block attacks, prevent disruptions, and continuously track and improve their security. Please visit www.mcafee.com to know more.
McAfee India Center (MIC) based out of Bangalore, is a key McAfee hub with strategic import and global outlook. MIC offers exciting career opportunities for bright talent interested in developing and supporting pioneering security products and solutions around the world.