About the role
We are looking for engineers who are well rounded - quality conscious, product thinkers, business cognizant and smart - not mere coders. Engineers get to significantly amplify their impact with the scale that Flipkart operates at. The same scale also demands the engineers to produce super efficient solutions. Engineers participate and breed the culture of self-drive which is fuelled with merit based opportunities. In the pursuit of excellence, Flipsters compete against themselves because there is no competitor in the radar.
Flipsters area of work includes advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability, elastic storage, predictive analytics, fraud detection, inventory planning, supply chain, and large scale applications that enrich the user experience, to name a few. Working with the market leader, engineers mostly solve challenges-never- seen-before. The environment makes receptive people with open mind and a drive of ownership to succeed and create impact.The excitement gets further fuelled with the impact of flipsters work felt and complemented by friends and family in India. At Flipkart we miss no opportunity to celebrate our accomplishments. While we work hard, we party harder which helps us work hard again
What you ll do:
Drive discussions to create/improve product, process and technology
- Thinking and creating tools / platforms, distributed systems
- Build abstractions and contracts with separation of concerns for a larger scope
- Rapid proto-typing
- Robust and scalable web-based applications
- Work with machine learning experts to design and implement ML framework / platforms and interfaces that interact with data/ML platforms
- Do high level design with guidance; Functional modelling, break-down of a module
- Thinking platforms / reuse
- Do incremental changes to architecture: impact analysis of the same
- Do performance tuning and improvements in large scale distributed systems
- Mentor young minds and foster team spirit.
What you ll need:
- The farsightedness it takes to look at business problems critically from more than one perspective.
- The capability to craft object-oriented models and design data structures, implement business logic and data models with suitable class design.
- Ability to break-down larger/fuzzier problems into smaller ones in the scope of the product
- Sound soft skills to gel with colleagues from other teams in order to harness the development process.
- An understanding of the industry s coding standards and an ability to create appropriate technical documentation.
- Extensive and expert programming experience in any one programming language (Java, Python / Py-Spark, C/C and SQL; strong OO skills preferred).
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Excellent coding skills - should be able to convert design into code fluently, optimise the code for latency; Good skills to write unit / integration tests with reasonable coverage of code / interfaces - TDD is a plus; Experience with multi-threading and concurrency programming and dealing with large amounts of data.
- Intimate understanding and hands on experience of using computer vision and machine learning libraries such as Tensorflow , Torch, Caffe etc. Practical knowledge of model training, tuning and evaluation.
- Experience in machine learning and deep learning concepts such as Supervised/ Unsupervised/semi-supervised learning, CNN for classification, RNN for time series data analysis, Object detection and classification is a plus
- Have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems
- Worked in startup like environment with high levels of ownership and commitment
- BTech, MTech, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 4 years and above exposure in the art of writing codes and solving problems for large scale.
- Strong plus if code contributions done to an open-source deep learning community that includes coding, testing submitting patches, code/design reviews, writing validation scripts
Supply chain; Data analysis; Software design; Software Development Engineer II; Coding; Machine learning; Data structures; Distribution system; SQL; Python
Flipkart Internet Private Limited