Senior Automation Engineer
ECS is the industry-leading Object Storage (recognized as a Leader in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant – five years in a row!), designed for both traditional and next-generation workloads with high scalability, consistency guarantees, flexibility, and resiliency. Software-defined, scale-out and geo-distributed, ECS object platform offers superior performance for apps that demand massive unstructured data storage capacity and global access.
Join us as a Senior Principal Automation Engineeron our Engineering team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Principal Automation Engineer, you will build cutting-edge solutions for supporting engineering processes of sophisticated storage system and working in collaboration with unmatched subject matter experts in the field.
- Design, implement, and maintain software development and delivery processes. Work on automated pipelines, tooling, and underlying infrastructure.
- Provide support for automation, services, and infrastructure.Work effectively with cross-functional and/or global teams, readily share information with others.
- Perform required tests in a self-directed manner, anticipate issues, and modify procedures as necessary.
- Offer proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and procedures, involved in product planning as it relates to quality standards.
- Write and implement test plans for validation of Platform Infrastructure, OS or Network.Develop feature level tests into an automation test framework.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Understanding of CI/CD principles
- Linux expertise: utils, configuration, troubleshooting, shell, networking
- Familiar with: Ansible, Docker, k8s, Jenkins
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks (Robot)
- Distributed/cluster management systems (Openshift, RKE, Tanzu);
Software Engineering; Jenkins; Linux; automation testing
Dell is a Technology driven company with a unique Dell Direct model. Dell Information Technology department (Dell I/T) plays a key role in enabling the Dell Direct model by creating, deploying and supporting global industry-leading I/T assets and services that reliably deliver the best customer experience and competitive edge.