Work closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability and ability to automate, to provide feedback on design, both functional and technical. Identify test cases from Acceptance Criteria for the User Stories, estimate work and participate in design reviews. Work on frameworks to ensure continuous deployment and continuous integration
The Manual & Automation Tester will be operating as part of a small Agile/Scrum feature team of about 5-7 developers, testers and other specialists. The Automation Tester will have a solid reporting line to the Testing Competency Center Lead /Manager and dotted line reporting to product /Project manager/Scrum master and will work closely with other developers in the team working on other parts of the system.
Key accountabilities include:
• As an automation tester, you will be responsible to Active contribute into end-to-end test activities such as test script development, test execution & defects management.
• Work collaboratively with Test Lead / Business Analysts in project to assess test scenarios and provide test requirements based on risk-based testing methodology.
• Design and Develop , Maintain Test scenarios, test conditions, test scripts, test data, and expected results for test streams, including Product Test, Integration Test, Technical Test and Deployment Test.
• Develop, update and maintain existing regression test assets
• Identify & Manage Test Data, Test Environment needs.
• Work closely with developers, support for various testing activities including test case / script writing, Clarification, data load, build deployments etc.
• Execute test scripts
• Provide test progress, test results with accurate Reporting to leads.
• Provide clarity on defect severity & priority.
• Participate in continues improvement initiatives.
• Being flexible to develop T shaped skills by augmenting manual testing experience and also building domain related skills
- Automation Frameworks , tools , technologies and Quality Engineering Methodologies
- Experience with Test Automation of integration and UI end-to-end automated tests
- Experienced with STLC and Testing Concepts
- Understanding of build pipelines, software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology, processes and procedures using ATDD and TDD methods
- Work Expertise in Test automation of Web Services and Web APIs
- Real time work experience in developing Automation Frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver with C#/Python to test web applications across multiple browsers
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, working knowledge with VSTS & GIT.
- Programming skills, knowledge of OOAD/OOPS concepts and MS-SQL Server
- Hands-on experience in C# or Python
- Skills in test integrations, defect management and test management using any ALM tool (VSTS / UFT).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is mandatory
- Self-Driven, results oriented, motivated and a team player
- Ability to work across time zones and be flexible
In addition to mandatory requirements above, the following skills will be a plus: -
- Exposure to Agile and DevOps concepts
- Experience with Test Management tool (preferred with VSTS, HP ALM, UFT add on) integration with automation
- Knowledge on APPIUM, Protractor, Jasmine , UFT
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent with a minimum of 4-5 years of experience in QA Automation of Web Applications, Web Services and REST APIs.