As a Senior QA Automation Engineer , you will lead manual and automated testing across a suite of Mobile and Web Applications, ensuring the released products have a high reliability on functionality, performance and security. This role will involve working on deep enterprise technology products with highly agile cross-functional teams spanning engineering, product management and customer success.
responsibilities (not exhaustive)
Some key responsibilities include:
- Work in a cutting-edge agile software development environment as a Senior Software Test Engineer ensuring the quality of our suite of products
- Gain technical and functional understanding of our product architecture and become part of our ongoing feature and enhancement development effort
- Requires Manual testing expertise to write test cases/plans, execute test cases, log bugs in Defect tracking tool, verify bugs. Involve in Requirement analysis and raise questions to product owners.
- Guide, Develop and co-manage standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Communicate with product managers in creating acceptance tests as part of the requirements, and execute those tests manually, as well as automate them
- Manage the test case inventory and work with other members of the Software Testing team
- Write functional automated tests at the unit, services/integration, and UI layers, using Selenium (Java) and ready-made software automation tools.
- Provide guidance when needed to other members of Software Testing team and Product Support
- Work proactively with members of an Agile Software Development and Software Testing team to find and fix defects in our product
- Produce and maintain test coverage reports for functional and automation coverage
- Analyse defects/test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure to enhance software quality
- Provide feedback on how to improve our product solutions, tools, and other technical software features
- Participate in the constant improvement of our Test Automation and Continuous Integration practices
- Communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner to team and other stakeholders.
- Ensure all reporting is succinct yet includes all necessary details for replication and timely resolution.
- Participate and demonstrate expertise in Automation strategy along with running the Automation Scripts.
skillset/ required experience
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Detailed understanding of Product Development Life Cycle, including Agile SCRUM, TDD, BDD, software development methodologies, system design and implementation.
- Should have sound knowledge in Automation Tools (Selenium with Java), Performance Testing using JMeter.
- Should have good knowledge in API testing using REST, Soap UI, Postman etc
- Good experience working in Agile teams.
- ISTQB Certification will be an added advantage.
- 6 years of hands on experience in software testing for mobile and web application
- Excellent experience in developing, creating, prioritizing, and organizing test cases into logical suites for execution for Web/ mobile applications.
- Strong experience in test case management tools (TestRail) and Bug Tracking tools (JIRA) is a must.
- Strong knowledge in Selenium (Hybrid Framework, data Driven, keyword driven), Java, TestNG, Maven, Git.
- Good exposure to Jenkins, Appium would be an added advantage.
- Experience in testing Databases would be an added advantage.
Product management; Maven; Manual testing; Performance testing; Agile; Selenium; Test cases; software quality; Information technology; Product support
disprz is an AI-powered right skilling suite, helping enterprises unlock business potential by enabling organization-wide skilling.