You will be part of VeloCloud, now part of SEBU in VMware which is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud Delivered WAN and SASE. VeloCloud dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualised services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. SEBU services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud. Refer : https://sase.vmware.com/sase
The Staff Engineer role in the Test Infra team provides an unique opportunity to create tools and processes to rapidly add automated test scripts to be part of test suites so that it enables product engineering team to deliver features with high velocity.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing
- In 30 days: understand how features are delivered in the organisation and the current pace of delivery.
- In 60 days: Draw up a plan on to increase velocity.
- In 120 days: Start implementing the productivity improvements.
- 12 months: Build team capability to take up the complex test automation infrastructure projects.
The Work: What type of work will you be doingWhat assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis
- Work with the team to create the required test scripts automation infrastructure features testing of SD-WAN /SASE products. We use python for writing test scripts , Jenkins as build tool.
- Testing functionality of the product with 10 to 16 yrs experience
- Troubleshooting issues in test setups to isolate software issues in the product. A good understanding of edge computing, networking protocols( routing , switching, security) , and container technologies will be key to your success.
- Improve productivity for writing new test scripts through tools by leveraging expertise in test frameworks such as Pytest ,Robot,etc.
- Define/refine process to include scripts create reliable automated test suites and optimize / improve run time without loss in coverage.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to isolate and help resolve issues.
- Lead scrum teams and manage sprints within the team.
- Make decisions in the face of competing priorities in a fast pace environment.
What is the leadership like for this roleWhat is the structure and culture of the team like
- You will be joining the test automation infrastructure team. The team thrives on learning fast while also having fun.
- We trust each other to get the job done right, which allows for a flexible schedule to balance work and life.
VMware; Product engineering; Automation testing; Networking protocols; Test scripts; WAN; Wellness; Scrum; Troubleshooting; Python
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings form a digital foundation that powers the apps, services and experiences that are transforming the world.Since our founding over two decades ago, our 24,000+ employee community and ecosystem of 75,000 partners have been behind the technology innovations transforming entire industries from banking, healthcare, and government to retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, and transportation.