As a Staff Software Development Engineer in Test, you will be a key member of the product team responsible for product quality. This product team works within the larger platform group to create and maintain the system that allows for access between the users device and secured content. We design and deliver those aspects of the platform that streamline and improve developing and deploying applications and customizations. The team is focused and follows agile methodology for development.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on craftsman with technology and code. They should be comfortable in a heterogeneous environment that is rapidly evolving and demands quickly mastering new technologies as we integrate these into our platform.
- Design robust test plans and strategies for features
- Creative approaches to debug/isolate bugs and system weaknesses
- Performs risk analysis to maximize efficiency
- Build and maintain an automated CI build and test pipeline with a goal of continuous delivery
- Participate in design and code reviews ensuring accepted design patterns and programming language idioms
- Identify needs and process improvements and takes the initiative to implement changes
- Design, build, and monitor longevity simulations using test harnesses
Responsible for testing efforts for features
Define, design and drive the end-to-end, integration, automation (API and UI) tests as part of the agile/scrum process for features and products
- Interface with customers to understand customer use cases and configs
- Execute tests with complex setups, varied data shapes
- Monitor product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
- Works closely with senior developers, PM, and UX to ensure their features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Strong Unix/Linux knowledge
- At least 9-12 years of programming experience in Java or C++ with good understanding of data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented fundamenals.
- At least 6-8 years of test/automation (client and/or server) experience.
Fluent with at least one scripting language such as TCL/Expect, Ruby, Perl, Python is a plus
- Previous web experience a plus; should be willing and able to pick up web programming
- Knowledge of revision control software (ex. Git, SVN, Perforce, etc.) and development lifecycle..
Nice to have
- These are not must have haves but would be a plus if any of these attributes match
- Experience with UI Automation frameworks like Selenium.
L4+ networking programming with Asynchronous I/O and TCP/HTTP/SSL protocols.
- Working knowledge of SaaS technology and SSO solutions.
- Understanding of ciphers, cryptography and security testing.
Unix; TCP; C++; Linux; Networking; Data structures; Perl; HTTP; Selenium; Python