About the role:
The Test Engineer will create and execute test plans for functionality, acceptance, regression, performance and stress testing. The Engineer must work well with developers and BA in an aggressive agile development environment. The candidate should have strong analytical abilities, excellent teamwork and great communication skills. He/she will also be responsible for testing and verification of software components. The candidate should have experience with automation (Selenium Web driver) and Performance/load testing (JMETER).
What you ll do:
- Analyze Functional requirements and design documents, review bug descriptions, incorporating this information into test plans and test cases.
- Test execution, defect (bug) tracking, reporting, and issue resolution/coordination
- Conducts and/or participate in formal and informal test cases reviews.
- Develop and execute test automation scripts
- Develop and execute functional tests, performance tests, stress tests, and regression tests.
- Maintain test documentation and test cases .
- Assist with developing, implementing and documenting testing methodologies
- Analyze data and results of tests, record defects, provide status.
- Add new tests/ enhance existing tests written in Java.
What you ll need:
- Strong understanding of basic concepts to testing principles, all types of Black/Grey Box testing
- 2-4 years hands-on experience testing different applications for both manual and automated tests.
- Knowledge of Test management tools JIRA, QC etc.
- Experience in automating web and mobile application across multiple devices and platforms using test automation tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, Appium, TestNG, Cucumber and JUnit/NUnit etc.
- Good Knowledge of SQL.
- Understanding of coding enterprise applications within Java, PHP, Python and other languages
- Experience in Performance testing and tools like JMETER
- Hands on experience testing web services.
- Mobile application testing experience beneficial
- Experience in Agile development environment is a plus
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in over 13,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA.