About the role:
Gartner is looking for a Quality Assurance Tester who will create and execute plans for functionality, acceptance and regression testing. This person must work well with developers and the Project Manager in an aggressive agile development environment. The candidate should have strong analytical abilities, excellent teamwork and great communication skills. He/she will also be responsible for testing and verification of software components. The candidate should have experience with automation (Selenium).
What you ll do:
- Analyze Functional requirements and design documents, create/review bug descriptions, incorporating this information into test plans and test cases.
- Test execution, defect (bug) tracking, reporting, and issue resolution/coordination
- Conducts and/or participate in formal and informal test cases reviews.
- Develop and execute test automation scripts
- Develop and execute functional tests, performance tests, stress tests, and regression tests.
- Maintain test documentation and test cases .
- Assist with developing, implementing and documenting testing methodologies
- Analyze data and results of tests, record defects, provide status.
- Add new tests/ enhance existing tests written in Java or .Net.
What you ll need:
- Strong experience of test automation concepts with tools like Java, Protractor, Selenium.
- Strong understanding of basic concepts to testing principles, all types of Black/Grey Box testing
- 2-4 years hands-on experience testing different applications for both manual and automated tests.
- Experience in Agile development environment is a plus
- Knowledge of Test management tools, JIRA, etc.
- Experience in Performance testing and tools like JMETER is a plus.
- B.E./B. Tech in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant professional experience
- 3-4 years of experience in an IT or Business environment testing highly scalable applications
- Excellent communications skills interacting with technical and business audiences
- Any testing certification is a plus.
Performance testing; Selenium; Test cases; Information technology; Recruitment; Computer science; Test management; Regression testing; JIRA
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in over 13,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA.